Even when you are as prepared as possible, water damage can still affect your home or business. Pipes can wear out, and roofing tiles can have unforeseen defects. Heavy rain or regional flooding may overwhelm even the best drainage systems. Once the damage has been done, quick and efficient water mitigation will be necessary for any property.
What is Water Mitigation?
Water mitigation is the process of minimizing water damage to property and possessions following a flood or leak. The first thing you will want to do is call Tidal Wave Response at 770-693-4568 so that we can evaluate the source of the water and quickly take steps to prevent the leak from causing further damage to your property. Our 24-hour emergency service is guaranteed to be at your Atlanta-area property within 30 minutes or less. No matter the time of day, Tidal Wave Response is ready to help with the leaks or flooding in your property.
While you are waiting for our friendly and experienced technicians to arrive, there are a few steps you can take to help prevent further damage to your home or belongings. It is far better to reduce the water damage early than delay and allow water to permeate walls, flooring, and foundations.
If it’s safe to do so…
- Shut off the electrical breaker to eliminate the threat of electrical shock.
- In the event of a pipe leak or burst, close the water main to stop further flooding.
- Remove your valuable belongings and set them in a safe place to dry.
- Put aluminum foil under the feet of any furniture on wet surfaces. This will prevent moisture from seeping into the furniture. This will also prevent any surfaces from being stained.
- Remove books, newspapers, dyed fabrics, and any other items from the floor.
- Lift any hanging curtains, draperies, or furniture skirts out of the water. You can prevent water from damaging your furniture or walls, and keep the humidity level to a minimum.
- Enter a flooded area which still has an active electrical current, even if the water level hasn’t reached the wall outlets. It only takes one exposed wire to cause a health hazard.
- Place newspaper on damp floors; the ink will transfer to the surface and stain the area.
- Run any water-based appliances like dishwashers, toilets, or faucets. If your leak is due to a broken pipe, doing any of these may make the flooding worse.
Tidal Wave Response – Our Process and Equipment
Tidal Wave Response Atlanta has a wide variety of tools and equipment to effectively mitigate the water damage in your home or business.
Our first tool is our fast response time. We guarantee to be at your Atlanta-area property in 30 minutes or less. This ensure that we can quickly take the proper steps to find the source of the problem and prevent further damage.
Once our technician has evaluated your situation, we will then remove any standing water. Our Hydro X Extreme Extractor will pull out most of the water in just three passes. We also have a Water Claw, which is smaller and perfect to fit into closets or other tight spaces. We will also remove any affected furniture and belongings, and dry them thoroughly.
We then clean and dry the affected area. Our Speed Dryers will keep air circulation moving, and speed up the drying process. We may also use Dehumidifiers for areas which aren’t well ventilated. Dessicants, which can be added to the dehumidifiers, can also help with the rate of evaporation. We may also use Ultra Low Volume Foggers to prevent odors from taking hold in the affected area.
Water Mitigation on Your Property
Water damage can cost thousands of dollars in repairs. Mold and mildew are not only unhealthy to breathe, they can leave unpleasant and unmistakable odors in the room. Items which were not originally damaged can become damaged by exposure to mold, mildew, and humidity. Water damage can also cause unseen structural damage, which may further add onto costs later.
When done quickly and properly, water mitigation helps prevent those costs from escalating. There are definitely steps you can take to minimize damage following a leak or flood. However, there’s no replacement for a professional water removal company. Tidal Wave Response is experienced, efficient, and thorough. If you have experienced water leakage at your home or business, call at 770-693-4568 any time of day.